Definitely worth a try!
Sunflower Seed BreadDefinitely worth a try!IBCA
All purpose flour
Sunflower Seed flour
- Sunflower Bread
- Roast 150 grams of sunflower seeds, blend it and sieve.
- Sieve together the flour, the whole wheat flour, milk powder, gluten and bread improver.
- Put together the sieved powder, sugar, yeast, sunflower seed powder, salt and water.
- Mix the ingredients at a slow speed till combined.
- The kneading should be done at high speed for 6-7 mins.
- Round the dough as shown above.
- Cover it and let it rest for 30 mins.
- After the 30 min rest, give it a knock back and round it again.
- Grease the moulds with refined oil or butter.
- Divide the dough into balls of 425 grams each.
- Flatten the dough to release the gases for a better texture.
- Shape the dough as shown above.
- Transfer the loaf into the mould. Make sure the seam comes below, to prevent the bread from breaking open and losing its shape while baking.
- Keep the moulds in a damp and warm environment and let them proof for 45 mins or till they've doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Place the loaves in the oven. Leave it to bake for 20 mins at 200 degree Celsius.
- Tip the bread out immediately once the crust is golden brown to prevent it from getting moist.
- Give it a butter wash and slice only after it's completely cooled.