Horse gram a dark brown lentil which round and flattened in shape. Horse gram is known to have many therapeutic effects, along with Fenugreek Due to its estrogen-like properties, fenugreek has been found to help Balancing Cholesterol and Treating Diabetes. This snack recipe is both healthy and surely will be a tasty alternative.
- Sieve Plain flour (Maida) and corn flour twice and arrange in a large bowl. Add Butter to the flour and with the help of a pastry cutter or dough scraper, break into small pieces.
- Rub the flour and fat together to form soft bread crumb consistency. Add cold Milk or water and with the help of your fingertips fold and combine the ingredients to form soft dough. Rest the dough covered for 30 minutes.
- Preparing Horse-gram filling
1. Soak Horse gram Legumes with water over night and with some extra water, cook in a deep pan till its 3/4 cooked. Drain the water and rest for some time.
- Take a sauce pan kept over flame; add butter, Fenugreek dry leaves (Kasuri Methi) and cooked Horse gram, sprinkle salt and mix all together for a minute or two. Remove from flame and keep aside to cool completely. Pour the Hung curd and blend it well to coat the horse gram.
- Preparing Egg Topping
Break the two eggs and discard the shells, pour the eggs into the bowl along with salt. Take a balloon whisk and stir the mixture to get a smooth consistency.
- Preparation of Horse-gram Cheese Quiche
- Take the rested Pastry dough and sheet it to 1/8 inch thickness between 2 butter-paper, Line this to a 6" Pie base and remove the excess from the sides. Arrange pie base into preheated baking oven temperature of 200°C, Bake for 8-12 minutes or until its half cooked.
- Pour the Horse-gram filling and level it evenly. Also Pour the Egg Topping and level it. Grate 15g Mozzarella Cheese finely and Sprinkle over the egg topping covering the entire filling in the pastry base.
- Arrange pie base again in preheated baking oven temperature of 200°C, Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown crust color is achieved. Remove from the Oven. Serve hot or cool completely.