One can never have enough of bacon!
Bacon BreadOne can never have enough of bacon!IBCA
All purpose flour
Whole wheat bread
For the glaze
- Bacon Bread
- Sieve together the flour and the whole wheat flour.
- Chop bacon strips into bite sized pieces. We're using oak smoked bacon which was flash fried just to give it a little crispiness.
- Heat the milk a little and make it lukewarm in order to make the multiplication of yeast much faster.
- Dissolve the yeast into the warm milk.
- Wait for the yeast to become a ferment as seen above, combine the flour, the ferment (yeast and milk), water+pancake syrup, oregano, thyme and salt. Mix to combine at a slow speed.
- Knead at high speed for 5-6 mins.
- Add the pork fat after 4 mins of kneading.
- Round the dough, cover it with a bowl and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Give it a knock back to release as much of the gas as possible.
- Add the chopped bacon and shape it as shown above. Rest it for another 15 mins.
- Grease the pots with either pork fat, butter or margarine.
- Divide the dough into two, in the ratio of 2:1.
- Flatten the dough into the mould.
- Proof the dough for 45 mins to one hour or until double in size. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Bake at 200 degree Celsius for
- Brush it with either maple or pancake syrup.